Dear Families and Friends; Please join us at the Link Gallery on December 6 from 10-12 pm for the Saturday Art School Exhibition and Celebration. Your children’s artwork will be on display, family activities will be planned at the Krannert Art Museum through the Kids@Krannert program, and light refreshments will be provided. The Link Gallery is located between the entrance to the School of Art and Design and the Krannert Art Museum (408 East Peabody Drive). Please take home your children’s artwork after the event.
*Also note that the Saturday Art School will be on hiatus this spring semester, 2015. Stay tuned for updates on our listserv.
If you have not signed up for our listserv, please do so by visiting: https://illinois.edu/gm/subscribe/4392.
The Saturday Art School Faculty and Staff
Students, age pre-school (minimum age of 4½) through twelfth grade, are invited to enroll in art classes taught by graduate art educators. Classes will be on Saturdays beginning September 20. Pre-K through 5th grades meet for 1½ hours and grades 6-12 meet for 3 hours. Class session dates and times are in the right column below. Descriptions of the course content for each grade are on the About page.
Students must be at least four years, 6 months of age by the first class session.
- The Registration fees are $50 for each student.
NOTE: proof of age will be not be required, however it may be requested for the younger grades.
- Classes now meet at Flagg Hall, 1207 South Fourth Street (northwest of the Art + Design Building across Fourth Street), Champaign, IL. Map here!
- Registration begins August 15th and ends on September 12th, or until classes are filled.
- Cancellations with full refund will be processed until Friday, September 12th. No refunds can be processed after that date.
- To make the most of valuable class time, classroom teachers cannot accept late registrations on class days.
- The School reserves the right to send home children who are ill or disruptive.
- Please Note: In the event of an emergency cancellation (due to inclement weather), parents will be notified through e-mail. Additionally, local radio stations WDWS and WILL, will announce the cancellation. No refunds are provided for cancelled classes.
- We encourage parents to leave their students with our teachers so the students can gain autonomy and creative independence. If a visitor’s pass is absolutely necessary, you must e-mail email@example.com for
permission prior to observation.
- Parking: Everyone is concerned about parking issues behind the Art building (E-18). This is a high
usage parking lot for drop-off and pick-up, so we caution parents to be mindful of small children walking through the lot during these busy times. If you need to park for an extended period of time, please use other spaces than those in E-18, such as metered spaces on the street or in the Krannert Art Museum parking lot.
- For further information, please contact the program's staff at (217) 333-0855 or by e-mail at
Director of Saturday Art School is Tyler Denmead, e-mail at