Registration and Schedules for the Spring 2014 Saturday Art School Program
Students, age pre-school (minimum age of 4½) through eighth grade, are invited to enroll in art classes taught by graduate art educators. Classes will be on Saturdays beginning February 15. Pre-K through 5th grades meet for 1½ hours and grades 6-8 meet for 3 hours. There are five Saturday class sessions this semester. There will be no Exhibition session. Class session dates and times are in the right column below. Descriptions of the course content for each grade are on the About page.
Students must be at least four years, 6 months of age by the first class session.
- The Registration fees are $50 for each student.
NOTE: proof of age will be not be required for the Spring 2014 program, however it may be requested for the younger grades.
- Classes meet at the School of Art + Design, 408 E. Peabody Dr. (corner of Fourth Street and Peabody Drive), Champaign, IL.
- Registration begins January 27 and ends on the Friday (February 14) before classes begin, or until classes are filled.
- Cancellations with full refund will be processed until Friday, February 14th. No refunds can be processed after that date.
- To make the most of valuable class time, classroom teachers cannot accept late registrations on class days.
- The School reserves the right to send home children who are ill or disruptive.
- Please Note: In the event of an emergency cancellation (due to inclement weather), parents will be notified through e-mail. Additionally, local radio stations WDWS and WILL, will announce the cancellation. No refunds are provided for cancelled classes.
- We encourage parents to leave their students with our teachers so the students can gain autonomy and creative independence. If a visitor’s pass is absolutely necessary, you must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for
permission prior to observation.
- Parking: Everyone is concerned about parking issues behind the Art building (E-18). This is a high
usage parking lot for drop-off and pick-up, so we caution parents to be mindful of small children walking through the lot during these busy times. If you need to park for an extended period of time, please use other spaces than those in E-18, such as metered spaces on the street or in the Krannert Art Museum parking lot.
- For further information, please contact the program's staff at (217) 333-0855 or by e-mail at
Director of Saturday Art School is Tyler Denmead, e-mail at